Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Blog 19

It seems strange to be talking about how I felt about the archives project so long after the fact. If you had asked me to write this the day after submission, I might have had a lot to say. But now? I can only think about it generally and, to be honest, very dryly.

Whatever passion I may have felt toward the subject, or even the project itself, has long since dissipated. Until very recently I was in a different mode, focused entirely on the new paper that required real research and real critical thought. I guess you can see how I felt about the archives project. There was no challenge to it, and hardly anything was gained.

Okay so I learned more about Roger Starr and his concepts far more than I ever did; but who did that research? Not me. All pertinent info was simply handed to me on a silver platter for me to cherry pick from, and that is not only not fun, it's not real research; something I enjoy to do. Compared to the paper that followed it, it was a joke, and made even worse the more I got into it.

I guess I'm just the kind of person who loves to do their own research and use it accordingly. The archives project in comparison just felt...cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment